This, that and the other thing

Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas season or Busy season?

We have entered... a long time ago actually... the Christmas season. According to malls, the season begins before Halloween has ended. The decorations go up, the lights go on sale and people begin to rush to the mall... though nothing is as mad as the week before Christmas and that doesnt even compare to the day BEFORE Christmas.

This year i have been quite organized. All of my shopping is done except for Dave who is always a challenge to shop for. Most of the gifts, belioeve it or not, are even wrapped and tucked in their place until soon before Christmas.

Work has been busy for me this past month. We got extra hours in the office which i am very thankful for AND I was offered a tutoring job for 6 hours a week. So, financially things are looking good for the moment.

And i also had a Christmas party. Its the first time i have hosted my own party that wasnt for a Chritian event. It was nothing spectacular but i thought it would be fun to have my students over to have a decorating party. It wasnt late by any means, i had them all leave at around 7:45 and it was a nice time. I had a few teachers, Dave and Ness's husband, Cory come as well as another friend, Janice. It was a really nice evening. But it makes for a busy time of year. Parties, shopping, work...

Does it have to be that way? Christmas is meant to be a time of love and sharing and remembering Christ's birth. I find so often it becomes a time of materialism. I love the present giving and getting, dont get me wrong. I just wonder... does it have to be so stressful? I want my family (when i start one) to have Christmas's like i had when i was younger. I just wonder if they were as stressful for my parents then as they are for many people i know now. It never seemed stressful... but i was a child looking through rose coloured glasses.

Christmas is an interesting time of year. I love it very much and always feel warm and happy. I just find it interesting to watch people and see their smiles deteriorate when they cant buy, buy and buy exactly what they feel they NEED to have bought.

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope it is a wonderful and relaxing time for the year for you. Sit back and enjoy the lights and the tree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home