This, that and the other thing

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Decisions

I think I am a very rash decision maker. I think about things but not seriously then something happens and I make the decision only later to regret my rashness.What brings this on? you may be asking. Well let me tell you.

I have been working two jobs as well as teaching Sunday school, leading youth ( though only just beginning) and trying to keep my house. This may not sound like too much but for me it has begun to prove itself very difficult.

My day job is wonderful. I work 4 and a half hours and i love every minute of it... even when it is difficult. I teach and am taught and I wouldnt want to change it for the world. Then I have a few hours to come home before I leave again for my night job: Coatcheck attendant at the NAC. I must say it is a pretty sweet job and pays well. Ive worked there almost 5 years I think. Then I have my little ones at church on Sunday morning. They are adorable and I love talking with them and teaching them. I get my adults and my children. Little prep is needed now that we have a book to follow and its only once a week but it is a responsability non-the-less. And then, I am starting up the youth events. we have done two things already and have the thrid one this week. It involves planning and calling and remembering things.

Now, I am bad at remembering things so I had to work out a system to remember things. My "aunt" gave me this monthly calendar book/planner and i decided to use it. I write everything down in it and yet why do I still have issues? Well, I forget to LOOK at the calender. It comes with me everywhere but never seems to come out of my bag.

This week I madly worked on giving away my shfit at the NAC because I had other things I wanted to do. Then, I agreed to go with my mom to Montreal on the weekend forgetting that I had to work the entire weekend. My house is a mess and i am feeling like a total idiot. This is what caused me to just say " ok, I quit the NAC!"

What do you think I am thinking right now? "What job can I get now? " and "I need the money." The decision has been made and I will not go back on it and yet I am not sure if it was the right one or the wrong one. Either way, what's done is done. We deal with the consequences of our decisions/actions.

Katie's lesson of the day: spend more time in prayer and thinking before making a decision.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the undisputed king of rash decisions. And I have this snappy little "Team Green" Algonquin planner thing, and I hardly ever look at it either. Well, lately I do.

10:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home