This, that and the other thing

Monday, November 20, 2006

The Presence of a Stranger

Its funny how it works.

My house isn't in too bad of shape. I cleaned it pretty well on Thursday but then, the weekend always brings with it a new mess. There is some dirt on the floor which could really be mopped up and a few things lying around that could be put away. All in all, however, the house is in a liveable state and one that I have no real issue with.

I certainly know that if I were home more often the house would be in much better shape... or do I just think that? But all in all, as I said above, it's not too bad.

I had a man from Rogers come to my house today to add something for my phone. Making it digital or cable or something. I dont fully understand. But, he had to get the tour of the house to know where the phone jacks were. He was shocked to learn we only had two, both of which are at the back of the house. While I was showing him the first jack I realized that it was right by the kitty litter and there was litter all over the floor. So embarrassing! After I showed him the second one I went right to sweeping it up. Then, he wanted to see the basement. So, I lifted the rug and showed him the lovely door to the basement. What happened to be under the rug? I dont even know what it was. It was like a bunch of silver dust. I'm guessing it is from Rachele's art stuff but it was everywhere UNDER the rug. Once again, I was super embarassed. I dont like being a mess and it took a complete stranger to make me feel uncomfortable about it.

People I love can come here and instead of impressing to the best of my ability iI do a medioker job. Make sure it looks and smells ok but non of that deep cleaning that I would do for strangers. Why is it that we so easily try less hard for the people who are closest to us? Selfishness? Laziness? Or is it thinking that they wont really care no matter what you do? Either way it is something that should be done all the time. As a woman I really feel that my job is to be on top of my house. It's not easy being away from the house for the majority of the day but I still have time to do a daily sweep or quick floor scrubbing.

Lesson learned by me today: Always have a clean house... or at least hide the dirt. Actually, you can take a biblical lesson from it. We are always told to be alert and watching for Christ. If it were me, I would have been found sleeping and unprepared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home