This, that and the other thing

Monday, September 18, 2006

350 Quick, Easy & Inexpensive Dinner Menus


I have been fighting laziness for a while now when it comes to creating food for myself. Anything that I could just grab and eat was what I was after. Nothing that involved any preperation.


For a while now dinner has meant a bowl of cereal and some toast. Extremely nutritional, I know. If it isnt that it is either a frazen hamburger patty that I create into something or nothing at all. Sound good? No, I know it doesnt.

Tonight i felt like actually eating something. i cant say i created the most wonderful meal ever. It was from a quick and easy cookbook but it is a start. It is a Chicken and pasta bake. That may sound gross but it isnt actually too bad. Its a casserol using cream soup, Pasta, chicken and peas... plus cheese and a bnit of butter. I dont think I have the right dish for it to be cooked in so I made it in a larger one which means my measurement were off slightly but i think next time I will be able to make it perfect. And it really is quite tasty. Its a step away from the cereal and toast and an even larger step away from no dinner at all.

If anyone knows some quick and easy but healthy and enjoyable dinners that do not involve seafood then please send it to me. I would love to try it out.

Happy eating.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie,

Try this site. She is not a classic, per-the-book cook, but she comes up with a lot of interesting recipes and you'd understand a fair bit about ingredients to experiment and even come up with your own recipes someday.

http://onehotstove.blogspot.com/

Vijay

7:42 AM

 
Blogger Sid S. said...

wow... welcome back 2 d blogging world!!!

wen r u free so we can chat?

12:00 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

Call me any time Sid, Ill get back to you if you leave a message... im working a lot again so you never know when you might catch me.

1:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And to think you used to give me crap for how I ate.

7:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home