This, that and the other thing

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

An eventful walk home

I cant say that today was a wonderful day but for some reason it got better when i got stuck in the pouring rain. Let me explain.

I started off my day just wonderfully. I got to work in good time, was feeling good and even taught well. Then one of my managers came in to tell me that it looked like i wasnt going to get my Thursday off l
ike i had requested. My cousin Grace is coming in to town and i was hoping to be able to greet her and be home when she arrived. But it doesnt appear that that will happen... but i may get half the day off which is better then nothing.

Then, i was all set to tutor and my student wasn't there. I have a huge issue with management and them not informing me of absences. oh well, i had an extra hour to myself. I did a bit of planning and started my way off home. I stopped to say hi to some UNICEF people. They wanted me to give them money. I told them that i just wanted to stop by and say HI! because they probably always get ignored. They thanked me so i was happy to be kind in a small way. Then i went to the pharmacy to buy my mom some bath stuff for her birthday. A small token on her actual birthday. Then i ran into one of my students and he talked with me a bit. I love my students. they make me laugh and smile.

After that i started my walk home. What should happen the moment i am on my way? Rain. not just any rain. It was the hardest rain in Ottawa yet this summer i think. It was actually hurting me when it hit me. Huge and hard drops. Within seconds i was soaked but for some reason i was so happy. The Lord works in funny ways. when it rains i cant stop thinking about God.


A few blocks later i ran in to some lady. She stopped me and asked me to go and talk to some guy. she wanted me to shake his had and say " Hi, my name is Katie. Christina told me to come and tell you to smile." Believe it or not, i did it. He had no idea who Christina was. I felt kind of stupid but i wasnt embarrassed because i was so happy.

After a few more blocks i was getting a little tired of getting pelted in the face and everywhere with heavy drops. I started to get a little crabby, though i was still in awe of God. Then, just as i was taking off my shoes because the wet leather was rubbing my feet and hurting me, someone pulled over to offer me a drive. Of course i thought of how stupid it was to get into the car with the man but i was so pleased with his kind gesture that i got in. I was almost home just the same. I asked him to let me off at the end of the street but he actually took me right home. I was soaking and i got his seat wet and he didnt mind. it was so kind of him.

I got inside and got dry right away. Being really sick with a cold already i didnt want to make it worse. Then i got my raincoat on and set out for my parents place. Now that i was ready for the rain, it stopped.

My day was wonderful. The rain is still falling and my hair is still wet but all the rest of me is dry and i am happily in my parents home updating my blog after pizza :)

P.S. the picture was taken on my phone. i wanted to send a funny picture to Dave but it never worked. You may all enjoy how funny i look. i was actually dripping wet. my eyes couldnt stay open because water kept pouring into them. Oh what i walk home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home