This, that and the other thing

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Phew!

Please forgive me for my lack of regualrity on this blog. Life gets busy and you have to make sure you habve your priorities straight. This, i am afraid, is not my priority. At least not at the moment and i dont think i will ever have anything amazing enought to say to make this ever be priority.

Well, here is a bit of an update.

Today was my last day teaching my 13 year old students who challenged me every moment of the time i was with them. I must admit, i think i may miss a few of them just because they could make me laugh. Teenagers are good at that. But otherwise, i can say goodbye without any tears.

Today while i was evaluaing some presentations i was listening to one of my students from Brazil. Now i am usually very good at hiding my confusion when i have no idea what they are saying but this student got up in front of the class and read something from the internet and i couldnt understand a single thingt. I must say, i caught myself making confused faces and some of my other students caught me too. Then, while he was reading his work which hs had no comorehension of, he mispronounced the word 'sheet'. Right away i cracked up forgetting where i was and boy was that bad. My other students caught on except for him and we all laughed. I encouraged him that it was ok and that we had thought he had sworn. Eventually he understood and was able to laugh. Later, he decided to draw a picture on the board to make sure he understood. He did.

Anyway, enough about work. i have been consumed by marking and havent been free of it until tonight.

I've been doing very well spiritually the past little while. You know when things just click? that you really understand that you are not in control? or when you really see your sin and it makes you more awake to God? Ive had that and am having it. I feel so much closer to him. I think it really started while i was camping with a bunch of people from church. We were away on Sunday morning so i had a little devotion time on my own in Daves truck. I guess iw as there for a whil ebecause Dave had to come and get me to tell me that if i didnt come soon i would have no breakfast. But i read through all of first and second timothy. I underlined things that hit me as well as meditated on thing i learned while i was in Africa. We studied second Timothy there. It was very nice. Now i am reading the Psalms along with James. Its a really good book as well. However, i do want to find away to really study the word. I feel like at the moment i am reading it, getting it and praying about it then forgetting what i read a few hours later. In James or Romans it talks about that being something a foolish man does. I dont wish to be foolish. Does anyone have any good pointers for me?

Anyways, i have a project to work on. I am trying to make a blanket for Dave before he leaves me to school. It will be quite the challenge because it takes a while to knit a blanket. We'll see if i can do it. So long... for now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is James who talks about being doers of the word. So there must be where you read about it.

If you want to really get into studying the bible, one of the ways is to keep track of where each topic gets discussed about. If you are using a corcordance, it could help you get those initial steps, and everytime you do your devotion if you come across something that sounds familiar, or has a theme that you remember, look for it and put down the reference to the verse next to each other. My bible has been turning into quite an exhaustive concordance on its own. But the fact is, someday, out of nowhere, you remember verses that seem so appropriate to what you are going through and need guidance on.

Relating, has always been my way of remembering things.

On the other hand, congrats on completing your days with the teenagers and surviving through it :)

- Vijay

2:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey kate...I'm glad that you are done teaching hte 13 year olds...I can't wait to see yoU!!!!!!!!!!!

11:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate, I think James is talking mostly about people who don't remember Biblical truth because it's just not very important to them. There is an intentionality about it. Most of us have very average memories, and it really is heartbreaking to think about the amount of material we so quickly forget...inevitable, though. I wonder if, in Heaven, we will begin to systematically use the brain cells that seem to be resting during this life!

6:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home