This, that and the other thing

Friday, September 15, 2006

Catching up

For some strange reason, people drift apart. I dont know if I can ever understand how people just randomly stop talking. No damage done, no hard partings, just... no more communication. Often, the missing communication doesnt seem as bad when you have other people in your life who you spend your time with. In my case, I had Dave close by to do things with. But what happens when he leaves? God is good. He tends to bring people back into your life.

Several times in my not too long life I have had, and lost, so many friends that its hard for me to comprehend. And then, on some random day, in some random moment, I hear something from them. This morning, I was online for the second time on my new computer when who should come online but one of my friends from Tanzania. Helawi and I were really good friends and then -POOF!- we were not communicating at all. E-mails were sent but eventually the replies tapered out. And that's it. It is always so sad when you think back of the people you wish were still in your life and then realize you dont even know why you aren't still in contact.

Lately, however, I have had a few people step back into my life just a little bit. My best friend (Vanessa) is now working with me which makes it so wonderful. I see her every day. Its like being back in school. Helawi, like I mentionned earlier, caught up with me this morning. And then one of my friends who I was close with from grade 2 until grade 9 also contacted me. Talk about a serge of catching up. On top of all this, my season at the NAC is starting up again so I am back in contact with my friend Dounia. We are going to meet for coffee and a chat on Wednesday which is so exciting.

People come and go. I find it odd just how easily they can go and how hard it is for them to come. Yet, God always has someone in line for you to meet. Be it someone new or someone from the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home