This, that and the other thing

Monday, April 03, 2006

I failed

His name is Robin.

Hes from Belfast. Apparently he is from a royal line.

He works for the Salvation Army while he is on a health leave from the RCMP. He plays the base drum for the band and has for 16 years. He claims he is the one who keeps them all in tune. His heart just stopped beating on a wednesday night and he needed to get a pace maker. It happened on the same week as his birthday and soon after, his girlfriend left him for a younger man (much younger).

He loves life and enjoys laughing.

He wears a hat in memory of his good friend who was shot three times in the face in Vancouver. It was a drive-by shooting.

His Mother's name was Clover and she was from Ireland. His father came from Scotland.

It all was told when i took out my lip balm. My headphones were on and the world was silent to me until i saw i was being spoken to. So i removed my ear piece and asked him to repeat. He said "that is good for chapped lips." I responded with a smile and a resounding yes. We talked of the weather and then the life story began.

I enjoyed talking to him. It wasnt just the awsome Irish accent, it was just nice. So many people hate talking. This man loved it. His story may have been bogus but i enjoyed walking him to the pharmacy where he was getting his medicine.

I enjoyed it but i failed. You see, i had the perfect opportunity to share the gospel with him. Or at least get him talking about it. He told me " i am a soldier for God" and i didnt think i heard him right so i said "SOrry?" He answered what i had heard originally but comintuned on about the Sally Ann. I could have asked him "are you really a soldier for God?" It would have been so easy to bring up. And i didnt. I didnt answer to God's call for me. Im slightly disappointed in myself.

I learned an interesting story though. And i had company for at least ten minutes of my walk home. Maybe God will cause us to meet again.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate,
You didn't fail...just talking to him obviously meant a lot to him. He sounds like and interesting guy and who knows...maybe you'll see him again.

11:26 AM

 
Blogger Sid S. said...

wow... things have jus been crazy bz l8ly and i haven't been able 2 keep up wid readin' blogs... crazy eh.

it seems (from reading ur previous posts) dat u've been goin' thru lotsa crazy stuff, sum good, sum bad aka life.

keep on serving the Lord... He always is and will remain faithful. we need 2 meet up sumtym soon!

p.s. a triple B (BIG BEN BROWNIE) is in the stars. hehehe

2:10 AM

 
Blogger Kate said...

Hey sid. Just give me a call. I dont even know what i am available so it just takes a phone call.

7:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home