This, that and the other thing

Friday, March 31, 2006

First Week of classes

What a wonderful week. I think for any new teacher the first week is the most tiring because of the fact that organization seems to be so far from your grasp. I have spent numerous nights working on lessons past my bedtime because i couldnt think of creative ways to follow up textbook materials. Similarily, after teaching i tutor and then after i tutor i tutor again and on some days, i tutor once more and then go work at the NAC. It gets to be a little tiring i must admit.

But i will not complain. As Dave often reminds me: "Its a blessing to work". When i didnt have work i was not terribly content and really hated sitting around doing nothing. Now i find i dont even have enough time to plan the lessons i have to teach. But i love it. I love the students and their questions. I love how many of them work so hard to improve their English... Its realy nice to be teaching.

Teaching is one of those jobs that, though you are the ones meant to be teaching, so often your students teach you. One of the men i tutor has such determination to learn how to read and speak English, I dont think i have ever seen anyone so determined. He works all day, then stays for an extra two hours of tutoring and then goes to the library for private study for another hour or so. I could learn a lot from this man. Not in learning English but what about my effort to learn about God? I dont study hard, i just read and take a brief while to comprehend it. I hope to take Ali's example and start working a lot harder. I think the harder i work the les stired i'll be because things will be organized and my heart will be right with God and focused on him more often then not.

As for my chocolate diet, I succeeded a whole week with NO chocolate and only 2 treats. That's it. I am very proud of myself and i am going to continue to watch how much chocolate i eat. But now i can eat it.

P.S. Ness, call me any time. Like Saturday evening. I'm not working.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate,
That's so funny tha tyou are on a chocolate diet. I've thought of going on a no caffeine diet...I don't think I could do it! I hope everythign is goin gwell wiht teaching...Love Grace

2:54 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

apparently someones comment was deleted and it says i delted it but i didnt. so, sorry if it hurt someones feelings. I never got a chance to read the comment.

7:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home