This, that and the other thing

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Wedding season

So, Like last year, I guess this year is also going to be a little busy with weddings but in a different way. This year it is my wedding as well as my cousin Grace's wedding and they are both in September. I am so excited for the both of us.

Grace just got engaged this week on Sunday or maybe Saturday but is getting married three weeks before Dave and I. I am happy she is getting married before Dave and I but for the both of us it is going to be a very expensive time of year. To travel to Georgia or for them to travel here before or after a wedding is expensive.

The reason why I am very happy they chose to have their wedding before us is that if it were after us, Dave wouldnt be able to come due to school and it would be hard to leave him after just being married. Its hard leaving him now just for a weekend let alone for a longer time.

As for my wedding planning, a few things have come up that get me a bit paniced. Firstly, we have found out that what we are paying for a reception place is way more expensive then many places. I thought it was reasonable but am finding more and more people who think it is much too expensive. I talked with Dave last night and we agreed we'd see if there was anything else but I found out this morning that my depost check was cashed and I really dont wish to waste that money.

Churches are still not worked out. We had one we loved but they called us to let us know that if we weren't from their denomination we couldn't use their church. It made me sad and a little upset about it but then we came across two other beautiful churches and they are both suppose to contact me today about the ability to use their church... much more positive then my call yesturday from the other church. So, if all goes well, I can get on to creating invitations next week. I hope I hope I hope.

This weekend is the girls trip to Montreal that I am so excited about. I hope to find my dress as well as bridesmaids dresses and my sister already knows what she wants as a maitren of honor... so I am so excited. Having the dress is such a fun step and I am thankful I have found a place where I can find one for cheap... its great not getting a traditional wedding dress.

So, as of yet, we have very little officially figured out. we have some plans but everything is a waiting game. We need to hear back from our reception hall and the churches so we can move on to figuring out the next steps. If we can't use ovens at Stanleys farm then we are in for a big dilema. Oh well, I know it will all be figured out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home