This, that and the other thing

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Now IS my time


So often in life people spend so much time looking at what other people have and what they are doing with their lives and wish it were them these events were happening to. I write this because I am one of these people. More so in the past then now, but nevertheless, it continues to come up.

When I was witness to weddings I wished it were me. When I hear of a pregnancy and a new baby, I long for when that will be my news and my baby. I spend time thinking of what it will be like. Then it hit me. Maybe today is my last day. Maybe these things never will happen.

I was walking home from work a few days ago and I was (and am and have been) very content with the way God has blessed me. Then the line hit me.
Now Is My Time! One day, God willing,I will be married and have babies and be in that part of life but what I am living right now is so superb as well. I look into the face of my beloved Dave and I am joyful and happy that I am where I am right now. I wouldn't change it because now is now. Engagement will be whenever it is and then marriage. And when that time comes, it will be now.

So, it is what we are told in the Bible. Live in today and the now. Don't be thinking about the past and worrying about the future. God has what we need for us right now and when the time comes for the other things He will always have what we need, and He'll be with us then too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

Thanks for the encouragement Kate - always a good reminder. It was nice to see you on Sunday, but still not a proper visit. Come Thurs. if you can.

Love,
Ness

10:52 AM

 
Blogger Susanna Rose said...

Kate...FINALLY I've found your blog! I noticed today you had a link on Facebook so anyways, I like this post and it is VERY true what you are realizing and something we all have to remember! I like the lines from Chantal Kreviazuk's song "Time"..."Now, this is my time, I'm going to make this moment mine." Anyways, a very beautiful picture of you and your guy and great thoughts!:)

10:31 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Kate,
so true...it is hard to live each day with the attitude of this could be the last day and I must make the most of it...it's hard to not be impatient. Don't worry soon you will be the one married and then will come all the sweet babies:) Love yoU!

8:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home