This, that and the other thing

Friday, May 11, 2007

Not in the least bit tired

Today... or I guess I should say yesturday I was super exhausted. I was teaching and I could barely keep my eyes open. I had trouble standing in front of my class and found myself sitting down most of the time. I tried to monitor activities my students were doing and instead I kept hearing a voice in my head saying " go to bed, you want to sleep".

When I got home, and I must say, walking home was quite a trial, I sat on the couch to get a bit of a rest before I started making supper. After a bit of a rest i got up and made dinner. Once dinner was made I realized I hadn't done my reading for bible study so I sat down to read the chapter. I fell asleep three times while reading the chapter but kept jerking back awake because I knew I HAD to finish reading. Now, I knew I wasnt going to be able to stay awake through bible study so I needed to take a nap. I got into bed and tried to sleep but wasnt terribly successful. I relaxed with my eyes closed but didnt sleep. Then I got up to put the food in the oven.

I did manage to stay awake through study and be an active part. once it was over, however, I began to fade quickly. Once I hit the bed, I was gone pretty quickly.

If I was so tired all day and I fell asleep without a problem why am I awake now at 4:08 am? I have been trying to sleep since 3:30 am and can't. I didnt want to lie in bed and panic so I thought I would come out and distract myself.

While lying in bedI was thinking about curtains. Can I rent them or should I make them and how should I decorate the church for my wedding and how can I decorate the reception hall. Do I need a caterer and if so how much is it going to cost... wedding plans coming to my mind while Im trying to sleep. Baking and cooking and invitations... its too early for me to be losing sleep over this. And yet, I am still not tired. Im going to be really tired later on today though.

Watch out world! Katie is around without sleep. Be careful what you say are she might just start crying. That seems to be how I handle fatigue.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

Hi Kate,

I had many nights like that with wedding plans running through my head keeping me from sleep:) I would keep a notebook beside my bed and write down any ideas that would pop into my head at odd hours and it usually helped me to fall back to sleep if I knew the idea was written on paper where I wouldn't forget.

Enjoy this time of preparation! And as I have said before, let me know if I can help in any way.
Love Karin.

4:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home