This, that and the other thing

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Welcome to the New Year!

Certain celebrations seem to me as a little weird. Everyone gets very excited about celebrating New Years and having it be the time to remember how the year as passed and what you did with that time and mostly what you plan on doing differently this new year.

Why? Shouldnt we have that attitude every single day? Should we not celebrate every new day we are given? Should we not strive to do what must be done NOW, instead of what we didnt do or what we should do later?

New Years day landed on a Sunday this year and i was so happy that it did. My pastor gave a wonderful sermon that pulled me o ut of a sleep that i had been in for much too long. It was a simple message too. One that i already knew all about yet... it spoke to me. God is amaziong that way. He knows when we need to hear what we need to hear. Rich ( my pastor) spoke of the NOW and how living in the past as well as the future is wrong. We need to give God the NOW.

Knowing this is great but practicing it is hard. Im sitting here unemployed and not hearing from anyone who i have contacted and I feel just a little overwhelmed. But it is a comfort to kow that God is there and that he is always with me, until the end of time. I dont have to go through any of this alone. I have a lot of support from people but they arent and cant be my comfort. They are a blessing that God has given me. it all goes back to God. It all MUST go back to God.

Whats my new years resolution? To live in the NOW and to live every new day as a celebration which it deserves. What comfort I have in the Lord most high.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sid S. said...

luv d post kitty!!! itz so true!!! itz all about the HERE AND NOW!!!

10:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

katie! i love reading your blog -- can you update it more regularly. . .PLEASE!!!

8:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that last anonymous person was me. . .

8:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me = vanessa

8:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home