This, that and the other thing

Friday, December 30, 2005

Christmas holiday adventures


This year Christmas has been really fun. Not only was it spent with my family and friends but it was also a fun time with Dave's family. I still dont know them all that well but it is fun getting to know them better.

Here you can see Dave holding my nephew Elijah on my parents couch. It was Christmas day after morning worship and he and i had just finished peeling potatoes.
"Oh what fun it is to peel a dozen potatoes or so, oh..."

Is he not one of the most handsome men you've ever seen? Maybe im just bias but i certainly think he is one real hottie. I can write that too. I dont mind if he knows, but he doesnt check this site so all is well.

Here we are again, this time with my niece. She was playing with my little brothers phonics toy and was making me do all the letter writing while she snuggled with Dave and I.

Dave bought me these stunning gold earings that are in the shape of a hollow hear with a butterfly with diamonds in it on the side. Its hard to describe i guess but they are beautiful. Then he also made me something. He works with wood, so he made me a mini swinging bench to hang on my ceiling and he bought me two stuffed bears. One is smaller than the other because I am much shorter then him. He said he was going to make me a rocking chair but didnt have the hardware. He came up with a very sweet idea with the swing and the bears. I would have given him a big hug right then and there but his whole family was there as i opened it and i wasnt sure if i was allowed to hug him. Amazingly thoughtful present. But thats Dave. He seems to be good at knowing what to get or do or say.

Tonight, i am having my best friend, her fiance and Dave all come over. My best friend (Vanessa) and i will be making dinner for the two men. I am so excited about it. Its the first from scratch meal i will have made. By myself that is. My mom told me what to do but i did it. I just switched tenses because I have already made the sauce part for the lasagna that we will be having because it takes the longest time. But the rest of it, we will make together.

I am actually not working for the first time in several years for New YEars. So that means i actually get to attend Vanessas New Years party which is actually going to be different this year since her house is under renovations. But the company will still be awsome and i think thats what its all about really.

Well, this is my last post before the new year so may you all have an amazing start to it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home