This, that and the other thing

Thursday, October 20, 2005

How long is a mile?

I asked myself that question on my trip up to New York while sitting uncomfortably beside someone i didnt know very well. This rant will end when a mile is over because i went on such a rant while driving to see how long it was and how many thought i could cram into one little bit of time.

It turned out that a mile was longer then i had expected but i thought of so many things. one such thing was "why do certain trees change different colours than the same specie of tree?" or, i wonder what i am going to do as leader at a youth retreat with youth i dont really know? I pondered what trouble my brother and his friends were going to cause me and what embarrassment they might succeed on hitting me with. As well i thought of the food we would eat. Is it going to be good food or will i starve this weekend?

If you think i mile is up, there is no way. I had many other thoughts. I wonder if i brought the right amount of clothes for this trip or if any of the clothes i brought would look stupid at a retreat. Then i told myself to stop being so silly. I had no one to impress anyways. With that thought exhausted I moved onto the weather. Is is too cold out to do much? is it going to rain the whole weekend? Boy its dark out here so early. What am i goign to do to keep myself busy so i dont follow the youth around?

While going 60 miles an hour i managed to fill a mile. So this is how long a mile really is. Of course the speed you are driving can limit your thoughts. Here ends a mile.

PS if you didnt read that with normal thought pauses and good punctuation then you still didnt complete a mile. It really is quite long. I assure you. Try it out some time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sid S. said...

how was ur youth retreat?!? e-mail meeh or blog about it!

and we (meeh 'n jimminy) visited ur place 'n played wid caelah and connor... dey're SO FULL OF ENERGY!!!

and i lyk apple crisps and brownies! :P

1:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home