This, that and the other thing

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

It's Worth the Pain

I went skiing for my first time ever on Monday. It took me one full hill of falling to make me realize I had no idea how to ski but then only the beginning of the second time down to figure out how to turn. So i made it down the hill the second time without falling once.

Dave was my instructor. Im pretty sure the first time down the hill he was thinking, "how on earth am I suppose to get her to stop falling?" But when i made it down the second time without a fall he turned to me and said "what, did all of a sudden you just decided to ski?"

Accidents can sometimes be the best teachers. See, Dave was trying to explain to me how to turn and i wast getting it. But when i accidentally turned trying not to fall i understood what he was telling me and turns were no longer hard to do. Once i had turns, stopping was easier too.

By the end of the day i could feel some of the muscles in my calf hurting me. I knew they would because of how awkward it is to stamd and walk in ski boots. But man, when i woke up yesturday morning i had no idea i would hurt inthe places i did. My neck, for one, was barely able to move from side to side and the muscles in my shoulder and chest were also killing me. Either way i got out of bed, walked around a bit and decided that i could help clean with my mom. So I did. It wasnt toobad, i just couldnt carry anything too heavy.

after cleaning, i went to and Alpaca farm with my sister and the kids and Elaine. Getting out of the car after we were finished... agony. I hurt more then then i did in the morning and i though it was suppose to get easier. Next i had to go to work. Now, try hanging coats when your arms are not working. Its interesting. I made the other girl hang while i talked but having to give coats back at the end was even worse then getting out of the car. I could barely walk to get the coats let alone reach all the bags that were on the rack above.

I explained my pain to a few friends and they laughed and said, it will be worse tomorrow (today). I was hoping they would be wrong, but they werent. i am just hoping that right now is the worst so that by 12 i can walk for an hour without pain. I have to get to the embassy of Chile and i really dont feel like looking stupid when i arrive unable to move properly.

All of this to say, however, that i had an awsome time skiing. I was with the best company and it was so much fun. I will do it again... just, when i can move again. Thanks Dave, for taking me and having the patience to teach me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home