This, that and the other thing

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Reflection on Blog writing

My best friend has admitted an obsession to me that has caused the wheels in my head to turn. Her obsession is reading blogs. Now at first i thought that this sounded a little funny. But there are some really amazing ones out there. My cousins are all avid writers of blogs. And all of their blogs speak of their struggles, their joys, their faith and their families. The other ones Vanessa has shown me also deal with living a Christian life and walking the straight and narrow path. This has caused me to rethink my blog writing.

Sometimes i write about absolutely nothing, and other times i write about what happened to me on a certain day. But i feel that i dont bring my Saviour into it. I dont talk about what i am learning and struggling with. I think that is what makes a truly good blog and i think it helps one in their walk as well. If we arent honest about our short comings and our sin then we are hiding behind a mask of pride and fear. How can one help you if you dont let them know you need it?

My cousin Susanna (www.letter-rip.blogspot.com) and Maryanne (www.happyhelms.com) have wonderful blogs about their families and marriages and just life but they always bring it back to what they are learning. My cousin Tim (www.challies.com) has this amazing blog that everyone knows and he is on their writing for God. I want my blog to serve some purpose and yet... i dont know how to start or how it will be different. Im not so sure if i can make it any different. I write how i write. But i do hope to share more often what God is working my life and the blessings he is giving me.

Let me know what you think. i think i have a total of five readers ( i was wrong in my earlier post about three). I just think that if i write more about what God is doing in my life i can grow from it and it might be a blessing to others. Sometimes it hits, just how meaningless things can be when Christ is not included.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog Kate. I'm always reading :) One day I shall start my own *smile* In the mean time, I'm being blessed by my list of frequent blog stops.

Love and Miss you!
V.

11:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,

Like Vanessa - I also love reading random blogs - (especially when work is really slow and borring!)
Writing more about your walk with God is always a good thing especially if it helps you to grow.

Love Karin.

9:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home